· Assignment: Write a 46 page paper on leadership style.
· What You Need To Know: Explore resources on the importance of ethical values in leadership and decision-making processes.
· Assignment Overview
You will complete a 46 page paper to demonstrate your understanding of your personal leadership style and how theory can assist in your understanding for the need to change your style based on internal and external factors.
· What You Need to Know
In the studies below, you will discover the importance of ensuring the leader incorporates ethical values in the decision-making process.
Culture, Ethics, and Leadership
· In the course text, read Chapter 14, “Shaping Culture and Values,” pages 448453. This chapter covers how ethical values affect an organization and a leader’s ability to lead.
· View Three Circles of Effective Leadership, an interactive activity designed to enrich your understanding of leader-follower relationships.
APA Style and Format
· This week your first writing assignment is due. Complete the Anatomy of a Reference activity to test your understanding of how to format references in APA style.
· Assignment Instructions
Leadership and Communication Style
Click here to watch the video
A key function of leadership is to facilitate change that acknowledges the present and embraces the future. Behn (as cited by Van Wart, 2013, p. 558) offers a reminder that environments within organizations are constantly changing, meaning the roles of their leaders must also adjust to ensure changes will be instituted as they become necessary.
After observing the Real-World Application of Leadership Theory video in Week 4, interacting with the Riverbend City: Communication and Organizational Effectiveness simulation in Week 3, and using the readings so far in this course, address the following:
· Analyze two leadership styles and corresponding communication skills that drive organizational effectiveness.
· Analyze a theory that corresponds to your personal leadership style and communication skills.
· Describe how leadership styles can affect organizational culture that drives innovation.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
· Use the APA Paper Template [DOC] for this assignment.
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards. (Using the APA Paper Template will help you with formatting.)
· Number of resources: Use a minimum of three scholarly sources outside of the course text. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years. The Capella Library is the best place to find credible, scholarly resources.
· Length of paper: 46 pages, double spaced.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Due date: Assignment must be submitted to your instructor in the courseroom no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday of this week.
Note: Your instructor may use the Writing Feedback Tool when grading this assignment. The Writing Feedback Tool is designed to provide you with guidance and resources to develop your writing based on five core skills. You will find writing feedback in the Scoring Guide for the assignment, once your work has been evaluated.
Your Work will be evaluated using this criteria.
View Scoring Guide
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
· Competency 2: Analyze emerging leadership theories and applicability to practice.
o Analyze a theory that corresponds to your personal leadership style and communication skills.
· Competency 3: Evaluate leadership models and communication skills that drive innovation.
o Analyze two leadership styles and corresponding communication skills that drive organization effectiveness.
o Describe how leadership styles can affect organizational culture that drives innovation.
· Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
o Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
Van Wart, M. (2013). Lessons from leadership theory and the contemporary challenges of leaders. Public Administration Review, 73(4), 553565.
submit your assignment
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more