1) **********minimum 3 full pages (minimum 2 pages part 1, minimum 1 page part 2) ( not words)**************************** (cover or reference page not included)
2)¨**********APA norms (All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs)
3)********** It will be verified by Turnitin and SafeAssign
4) Minimum 4 references not older than 5 years (Only scholarly papers and research or pages from official sources such as CDC, WHO, etc. are accepted)
5) Each answer must be identified according to the question number. Check the list of questions.
Your answer should start objectively answering the question
Part 1: Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
S.H., age 47, reports difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. These problems have been ongoing for many years, but she has never mentioned them to her health care provider. She has generally lived with it and selftreated the problem with OTC Tylenol PM. Currently, she is also experiencing perimenopausal symptoms of night sweats and mood swings. Current medical problems include hypertension controlled with medications. Past medical history includes childhood illnesses of measles, chickenpox, and mumps. Family history is positive for diabetes on the maternal side and hypertension on the paternal side. Her only medication is an angiotensinconverting enzyme inhibitor and diuretic combination for hypertension control. She generally does not like taking medication and does not take any other OTC products.
1. List specific goals of therapy for S.H.
2. What drug therapy would you prescribe? Why?
3. What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy?
4. Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy
5. List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
6. What would be the choice for second-line therapy?
7. What OTC and/or alternative medicines might be appropriate for this patient?
8. What dietary and lifestyle changes might you recommend?
9. Describe one or two drugdrug or drugfood interactions for the selected agent.
Shelly is a 4-year-old preschooler who lives with her parents and younger brother. She and her brother attend a local daycare center during the week while their parents are at work. In the evenings she and her brother take a bath and then their parents read to them before bedtime at 8 PM. Shellys daycare class includes many children her age and she enjoys playing outside with them. Although snack times are planned, Shelly would rather play and does not always finish her beverages.
Shellys mother calls the clinic and tells the nurse practitioner that Shelly has been running a fever of 101 F for the past 2 days and although her temperature decreases to 37.2 C (99 F) with Tylenol, it returns to 38.4 C (101 F) within 4 hours of each dose. Further, her mother says that Shelly complains that it hurts when I pee-pee. Shellys mother also has noticed that her daughter seems to be in the bathroom every hour. She makes an appointment to see the nurse practitioner this afternoon.
The potential diagnosis is UTI.
1. What other assessment data would be helpful for the nurse practitioner to have?
2. What are the organisms most likely to cause an UTI?
3. What is the pharmacological treatment for Shelly? Keep in mind safe dosing.
4. What are the teaching priorities for Shelly and her mother prior to her discharge from the clinic?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more